Sunday, September 3, 2017

Were things really better in the 90's?

Ok, let's discuss the differences in marketing in the 90's vs 20XX's, for they are plentiful.

What I found to be the most eye opening, but also the most obvious was the different ways that technology affected the types of marketing needed. In the 90's the sellers had the advantage when in came to accessible information. They shared exactly what they wanted you to know, what they 'knew' would sell their product/service to you. With the turn of the century, technology took that away and with the help of the World Wide Web, put that information at our fingertips. We have to work harder & smarter in our marketing.

The cost of a web page... in 1995? $50,000!!! I created my own for nothing, but even to have a pro do the work, you can get a basic site for less than $2,000.

Visuals... have you seen the differences? The ads in the 90's were mostly family based, but only same race, nuclear families. Today, there are single parent families, mixed race families, same sex families; the difference in acceptance is staggering.

This blog is everywhere. I have no explanation. I couldn't get my thoughts to flow this week. It is a holiday weekend, perhaps that's it. My brain is on vacation. We'll be back on point next week. I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's finally over... This semester has by far been my difficult yet, and I attribute most of that to this marketing class. I had no cl...