Sunday, August 27, 2017

How can color schemes, logos or signage affect other people's opinions of your business?

In choosing the name and background for my company, this was something I definitely had to consider. Here in Alabama, people get super serious about "their" football team so going with a crimson & houndstooth scheme was dangerous. I mean, my 8 year old son won't wear ANYTHING that has blue & orange on it. When coloring, he's very conscious not to put those colors together because, "Yuck. That's AUBURN colors!" (PLEASE DON'T GET OFFENDED!) I had to ask myself, "Am I going to lose business because I went with Crimson Concierge as my name or because my background is houndstooth?" Sadly, the answer is probably yes, but on the other hand, I could very well gain business for those exact same things.

The following info was taken from this site, which I found extremely informative.

**According to research complied by web design and marketing company WebPageFX, people make a subconscious judgment about a product in less than 90 seconds of viewing, and a majority of these people base that assessment on color alone. In fact, almost 85% of consumers cite color as the primary reason they buy a particular product, and 80% of people believe color increases brand recognition.**

The Logo Factory is another site that I found super helpful.

It all comes down to psychology. Every color brings some emotion out in a viewer. In the case of my business, the red will bring out love, passion, excitement, and power (ROLL TIDE!) for Bama fans, but it'll bring out the feelings of war and danger in the fans of other SEC teams. I kid... kind of. ;)

Until next week, folks, I hope I didn't create too many enemies today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's finally over... This semester has by far been my difficult yet, and I attribute most of that to this marketing class. I had no cl...